UpAkarma Procedure for Yajur Vedis is as follows:
1. Vapanam ( hair-cut ) only for BrahmacAri
4. samitAdhAnam only for BrahmacAri
5. AupAsanam for Gruhastha
6. KamokarishIt Mantra Japam ( Not applicable in the first year of upanayanam)
8. Brahma yajnam
9. snAna mahAsankalpam
12.Maunji, ajina, danda dhAraNam only for BrahmacAri
15.nAndI SrAddham ( only in the first year of upanayanam)
This year on 13th August 2011, Sukra maudya SAnti homam also to be performed.
1. As there is no SandhyA vandanam without gAyatrI japam, gAyatrI japam should be chanted in prAtah / MAdhyAnika sandhyA vandanam .
2. No food is to be taken before fully completing the upAkarma as above.
3. vapanam ( hair-cut) only for BrahmacAri